Thursday, January 07, 2010

Not allowed to be Mrs. S

The Social Security office is a funny place. I went there today to change my name in light of October 2nd and after waiting for close to an hour for A38 to be called, I was told that they cannot change my information because I'm not on a work-visa. And so my future CA driver's license will also not reflect my married name since my SSN has to match my DMV records. Blast the system and their stupid rules. I guess the only place that will recognize my new name on paper is Canada, except I don't want to pay $87 for a new passport just to get my name changed. If there is anything to hate about being married, it's the stupid paper-work and red-tape and fees and hours spent in waiting lines at horribly inefficient government agencies' offices that are involved.