Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out & About

Not a lot of updates today. I went out shopping with high hopes for Esprit* because they've always had stuff I loved but alas... I got my hopes up too high 'cause I didn't see anything I liked. Maybe it was the Esprit I was at... it was pretty small. But NET was right next door and I ended up buying a sweater dress from them.
 +   










I think it will look really cute with a braided brown belt, which I have one of sitting in my closet back in Cali, and black leggings. NET's logo reminds me of the GAP, but their style is definitely better at NET. GAP has gotten more and more boring over the years. Anyhow, I digress. After shopping, we hunted down this one place that sells red bean cakes.


From Taiwan - Day 8

They are allegedly one of the best in town. It smelled and looked soooo yummy, but I think it's overrated. I think people like it so much because they feel like they're getting more than their money's worth. For NT$10, you get this red bean cake 2" in diameter filled with a crap load of red bean. One thing I will praise them on is that they're not too sweet, so you don't get sick of eating such a huge red bean cake.

One thing I haven't mentioned so far is the home cooking. My aunt makes all three meals every day (well, today we ate out for dinner) and this morning for breakfast she fried up some radish cakes. mmmm... I love the crispy parts.

From Taiwan - Day 8
Her cooking is pretty awesome so I've been trying to learn some new dishes to cook. Ooo, and I learned a new way of cutting green onion, which I think will make life a little easier.

*Note: Esprit Asia is different from Esprit Europe/Americas