Monday, April 19, 2010

Fitness summary (4/9 - 4/18)

Friday (4/9): Elliptical for 35 minutes and then 30 minutes of stretching & push ups & leg lifts. I should really say that I attempted push-ups 'cause my wrist and axilla muscle were really bothering me. I sort of pulled my axilla when I fell on a 10c while still hanging on to a hold earlier in the week.

Saturday (4/10) & Monday (4/12): Climbed on Saturday & Monday. The usual 5.10b's & c's. I've decided to work on my strength so I've been doing more 10b's on the wall that's mostly for lead. It's definitely challenged me to get over my fear of dangling from the wall. Maybe one of these days I'll fall from lack of energy and get over my fear of falling! I think I should sign up for the lead class after a few more days working on the lead wall.

Sunday (4/11): Elliptical for 35 minutes & then 30 minutes of stretching & push ups & leg lifts. I played around with the balance board for a while too.



Tuesday (4/13): 21.6km bike ride. I needed to go to the DMV and I really hate finding parking there so I decided to bike. I wonder how many people have biked to the DMV before... I took a detour on my way home to stop by the Sunnyvale library. I think I might hang out there more often.

Wednesday (4/14): Climbed 10a, 10b, 10c, 10d. The 10c was a fail 'cause I was losing energy really fast.

Thursday (4/15): Walks with Cole.

Friday (4/16): Climbed 10a, 10c, 10c, 10d. Failed the over-hanging 10c again. [video]

Saturday (4/17): Hiked ~8.5 miles through Portolla Redwoods. Pictures to come!

Sunday (4/18): Climbed 9, 9 (overhanging/lead route), 10c (I think?), 9 (overhanging/lead route), 10c (ice-box), 11b (ice-box), 10c (left of lead wall)