Monday, July 05, 2010

Backpack

Remember back when I said I ordered the Gregory Jade 60 in rose quartz? Well on our way to Pescadero a few weekends ago, we went to pick it up from REI and we realized I ordered the wrong size. I got confused 'cause Osprey's sizing goes S,M,L while Gregory's sizing goes XS,S,M. I had only been trying on the two brands and when it came to ordering the bag, I guess I thought Gregory was S,M,L so I ended up ordering the M. So the hike in Pescadero wasn't the most optimal in terms of comfort of my pack, but it actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise (the mix-up of the sizing, that is) because remember the bleh "rose-quartz" color the bag was? Well I.S. managed to find the Gregory Jade 60 '09 model in GREEN at campsaver.com for nearly the same price as REI. Score! REI's base price is cheaper than campsaver, but we "saved" on tax with campsaver so it all evened out in the end. And now they have an added promotion of throwing in a free $24.99 rain cover for free with purchase.
(photo care of REI-Outlet.com)

We took the last two weekends off from backpacking so I haven't had a chance to break in the new bag yet. We probably won't be able to go until sometime in late July but I'm excited even still.