Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas

We're coming up on our second California-Christmas and again, I just don't feel it. I've seen lights up around town, been to the busy malls, baked cookies, and I just don't feel that Christmas spirit that I think is only possible when you have the cold and snow and parkas and mittens.

But anyway, speaking of cookies: I made a few batches of the oatmeal chocolate chip Almond Roca cookies that I made with Holly last year!
They turned out less than epic though 'cause I used the supposed "top" oatmeal chocolate chip recipe found on allrecipes.com (I would so not rate it to be at the top). Super annoyed. I completely forgot I had saved the recipe in that old post. Sigh. I guess that means I need to make another batch! Oh, and those cookies in the back are mint-chocolate chip. They became mint-chocolate chip because we found out at the last-minute that we didn't have enough regular chocolate chips, so I had to sacrifice our Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Dark Chocolate squares that I had picked up recently, but it was totally worth it.

So with the files for minted finished, I was itching for something else to work on and how perfect it was that K. & C. gave birth to little baby Logan recently =) I had been meaning to wrap the little baby gift I got them for the longest time (I think it's been sitting on my shelf since she reached the 30 week mark... yikes!) and finally I was inspired and whipped up a bit more of my hand-stitching goodness. The colors didn't turn out the way I was envisioning (gradient of blue colors) as I didn't have enough variation in thread color but alas... I think the overall effect is still decent, yeah? Of course my favorite element is the smiling sun, peaking over the cloud =)
 Next project: "wrapping" the 老公's x-mas gift. I'm not really sure it can constitute a gift, but it's the thought that counts...? And I'm not really sure you can call it "wrapping", so much as "deferring"... I'll post when I figure out what to do and after he gets it.