Thursday, December 02, 2010

Tuesday

Tuesdays aren't usually anything special, but mine was this week. In addition to finding out my design was an editor's pick on minted over the Thanksgiving weekend, I discovered I was also voted as the Best Newbie! I am ridiculously excited!

And then... at our weekly ultimate game, I caught two winning points! It sounds much more amazing when you find out that this was only the second official ultimate game I've ever played. Sadly though, I was so ecstatic with joy after my first point that I was jumping up and down and landed on my ankle in an unpleasant way and now the top of my foot near my ankle hurts when I walk :S In Chinese we call that 樂极生悲(le ji sheng bei), which means "extreme happiness begets sorrow".

But the 悲 aside, Tuesday left me elated =)

Wednesday, however, was not so successful. Note to all the people doing mail merge in Microsoft Word: make sure you are in .doc mode and NOT .docx mode!!!!!