Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Milk delivery

One thing we are really enjoying about our move to a smaller town is the strong presence of locally-owned businesses. Two weekends ago we fell in love with the goodies coming from the Diamond D Dairy farm when we got a sample of their yogurt drinks, which come in the following flavors: vanilla, mango, peach, and blueberry. We bought the last quart of their mango yogurt drink and hoped to refill last weekend, but unfortunately our weekend plans forced us to miss the market, which led us to looking them up online to see where else we could get our hands on their products. Sidenote: how cute is the name of their drink? And that cute cow on the label? =)

Lucky for us, they are less than 30 miles away and they deliver, with free shipping after a mere $8 minimum order! We decided to try out their delivery service and were pleasantly surprised with our shipment today, which arrived on our doorstep in a cooler =)


Theoretically we're supposed to leave the cooler and the ice pack in it on our doorstep, but we'll probably just bring it in when we don't expect a delivery since it takes up a lot of space on our landing area (unless they come by to pick up the cooler later in the week? I'm clearly new to this home-delivery thing). We got a free half-gallon of milk for being a first-time customer, which was a really nice deal. We also picked up some of their flavored butters so I feel like I should try making bread to go with it (though baking at high altitude is intimidating to me; I have an aversion to failure).

In other news, I've been MIA lately working on a wedding invitation suite but I sent off samples for review today so hopefully I get feedback soon, clean up the files, and then head to the printer within the next couple weeks and then I can share my creations with you! I'm really pleased with the pace of this project. I didn't think I could do it, but here I am, 2.5 days ahead of schedule =) In the interim, I'm hoping to update this space a bit and share some photos from our weekend hike up to Greyrock.