Friday, May 20, 2011

Sidenote

I've been meaning to frame this little milestone for a while now and today I finally made it to Target to shop for a frame. Sadly, I couldn't get any of their matted 5x7 frames because *drum roll* they're not actually 5x7! If I put this in one of their matted frames for 5x7 photos, it would've just barely cut off the text/images on each side and just barely cleared at the top and bottom. So very sad. And strange. And false advertising! But I think this clear frame worked out for the best since I was concerned the card would've just blended into the matting of other frames and look dull. I'm debating if I want to frame the grey/yellow one too. I wouldn't hesitate if there was a 3rd color scheme to make it a trio but framing two seems awkward. Anyway, it's finally up and hanging above the monitor to remind me of how this all started and of all that I should be thankful for =) Though I do wish the date & names could be changed to me & I.S.'s names & wedding date. Oh well. Somewhere in an alternate universe is a Heather and Michael who will be getting married at the Monterey Bay Aquarium on October 23rd, 2013.