Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Minted's Notebook Challenge

In the countdown to the closing of Minted's notebook challenge, I decided to whip up a couple designs at the last minute. I think it was a much-needed mental break from all the wedding stuff I've been working on.

The first design, "Pieces of the Whole", started off with the idea of some sort of gradient of a pattern and then when I played around with the fanciness that is illustrator, I ended up with the concept of something being shattered and then hours passed as I played around with the spacing of all the little pieces (yes, it was tedious), and this is what I ended up with!
notebooks - Pieces of the whole
notebooks - Pieces of the whole


The second design I put together, "Peek-a-bear", was spawned from the simple fact that I had this peeking-bear concept leftover from the calling card challenge that I never won so I thought this was a good opportunity to turn it into a baby notebook =) The idea is that whoever buys this book will personalize it with their baby's photo and use it to jot down notes or thoughts about their baby for future reference.
notebooks - Peek-a-bear
notebooks - Peek-a-bear


Please take a moment to vote for me & the other amazing designs! Thanks!