Thursday, September 29, 2011

Preview

I'm hoping to get this printed later today (not on anything fancy... I'm too pressed for time!), but here's a little preview in case I don't have time to update after its printed!

Here's the cover & back (very unexciting back, but I can't be bothered to do anything about it!)
I made little calendar icons for each activity (though I just noticed I'm missing one for Yangmingshan) for us to write in when we plan to do that thing or to record when we did that thing. I tried to be as detailed as possible with the maps & directions because I'm incredibly directionally challenged.
The map below is what started this whole last-minute mini-project. I was checking out Neil Wade's Taiwan Photography Blog for ideas of things to do in Taiwan (where my search originally began at Stuart Dawson's Hiking Taiwan blog) and found this amazing tagged map he shared on google maps for the Four Beasts Mountain hikes that are close to town. While this map is great, it was too detailed/cluttered for my needs so I set out to simplify it and highlight the key streets and buildings that I usually look for when I'm finding my way around and this is the end result. 
There are 3 other pages (6 once folded in the book) but they're not quite finished and pretty much the same look as the above few pages so I'm not going to bother showing them. Plus two of the pages are just the subway way for quick reference. I wish I got the idea to do this earlier, but oh well. It'll be useful nonetheless! Perhaps after our trip I'll have more things to add to the book and I can make it bigger and incorporate photos from our trip and turn it into a travel diary =) It will be 5"x7" once folded & bound, with a total of 10 pages of content.