Thursday, September 01, 2011

Spoonflower + Minted

So guess what I did? I turned my Minted design into fabric! I took advantage of a promo Spoonflower had for free swatch samples and got this made =) I'm thinking I'll order a larger piece and make a handkerchief out of it to keep in my purse. This gauzy cotton voile fabric was recommended for handkerchiefs, but I'm not sure I agree with that. It's too gauzy for me. I'll probably just order it in their quilting weight cotton next time. 


But how cute is that??

Speaking of Minted, I just got my 25 free calling cards! I jumped on their promo for their mommy cards (but really you could choose from any of their business/calling card designs). It just cost me $7.95 for shipping and you have to let them put their logo on the back of the card. I thought I was going to be smart and use their url as a chance to plug in my minted designer profile link, but I made the text too small and the color is too light so it came out all blurry (including the little text I have on the right side of my website). Not the end of the world though 'cause it kind of just looks like stripes on either side of my url, which frames it out quite nicely. I don't know if I can even bear to hand any of these out, though, 'cause the paper is so nice! I guess I'll just have to save one for myself  =)



These were a fun break from everything else I've been working on/thinking of. Once I come up with a proper name for a site and all that jazz, I'll need to come up with something different but for now, I love how these turned out =)