Saturday, December 24, 2011

Honey lavender

This holiday we decided to have a quiet Christmas at home and after a long tedious day of shopping for drywall tools (I'll get to that later) we decided to tackle this little recipe I've been waiting to try out. I've been obsessed with the honey-lavender flavor combination since we had the honey lavender gelato in Mountain View and then the idea of making my own caramels got in my head. Ultimately, it was only inevitable that I find a way to combine all that =)

Aren't they pretty?? They are really delicious, but really rich so I have to limit myself, especially now that I know how much sugar & cream goes into caramels!

On another note, here's a shot of the little corner of our house that got remotely festive for the holidays (sorry for the crappy photo):
And yes, that is lego filling in for the home decor that we do not yet own. Oh, and there is the little bicycle that I.S. welded on the top left of the mantel =) Our cabinets have outlets inside so they were perfect for plugging in our little strand of lights too. We bought a Christmas tree the day after Christmas when they were 50% off at Lowes. yay =) Now I'm looking forward to next Christmas so we can put it up. It definitely feels weird on a certain level to be hoarding Christmas stuff after the holiday has passed.

Anyhow, go check out our latest home-reno project(s)! Today was a very productive day. Drywall is done, just need to sand.


And we also (finally) brought our 20+ bags of yard waste to the compost center.

There's I.S. tarping everything down so that we don't have leaves flying out all over town. Everything in that truck bed was sitting on our back porch for the last month & a half. Sad, I know. But today turned out to be a great day to go! The weather was beautiful. This post is a bit far off from honey & lavender, so this is probably a good place to stop. Wishing everyone a very happy new year!