Monday, January 12, 2015

Work

Hello 2015! And everyone who made it through the holidays =) Minted kept me busy throughout the holidays and over the new year with their birth announcement and fabric challenges, which I am here to tell you is open for voting/rating! I didn't submit as many as I would've liked, but I'm OK giving these other designs that didn't make it more time.

With the birth announcement, I was originally planning on creating floral designs but ended up with just one feminine one and two gender-neutral ones. It's funny where my process takes me sometimes. Let me introduce you to my latest creations =)

Le cahier - inspired by vintage school notebooks.


Simply Framed - I actually started this design as a flowery one based on one I created for a client, but like I said, my designs end up taking on a life of their own. I used the same text layout as the one for my client but took it to a completely different place with the delicate border.


Pretty Pink Foliage - again, this one began with elements from my Painterly Dew Drops design and while I kept a similar color palette, it diverged quite a bit from there. 


And on to the fabric! Like the birth announcements, I had other floral designs in the works but I needed more time with them so I held off on submitting them for now. 

Speckled fabric print - it was meant to be a small delicate print. I don't sew (other than the odd hem or fixing a hole Enzo chewed out of his bed) but I imagine you could use it for anything! ;)
8-Bit Winter - Inspired by the classic PC game, SkiFree! I was originally trying to model the game layout with moguls and trees and flags, but I was enjoying all the different characters I could create more than those other elements. Thus, I focused on creating skiers and snowboarders in all their classic forms eg. walking with their board/skis, falling on their butts, and bombing down the hill. I added in a healthy sprinkle of snow to break up the uniformity of it all. If this doesn't win, I still fully intend on getting it printed via other venues because I just think it's so fun. I imagine it being used for kids bedding, pajamas, and other things that my non-sewing self can't think of!
So that is what I've been up to lately. If you have a moment, please click through the links and rate my designs and rate some of the others while you're there too: there is just so much talent out there that deserves to be seen! You can either go one-by-one or click to the overview pages for each challenge. The birth announcements are here and the fabric prints are here.

I am looking forward to a busy & productive year as I find myself in a very inspired place right now. Hope you all have had a great start to the new year! Wishing my friends with babies on the way a happy and healthy rest-of-your-pregnancy & a smooth birth! And congrats to the friends who recently had a baby =) Eeee! So excited for you all!

Happy 2015  xoxo