Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Crackers recap 1 through 8

Late last year I was stuck in a creative rut and I needed a way out. Having read many articles/posts and listened to many podcasts about how to get out of a creative rut, I knew I needed a daily creative project of some sort. As it happened, through my snack du jour of cheese + crackers, I stumbled into one of my favorite little personal projects ever, which I titled the Christmas Cracker Countdown. It was the perfect project because a) it was small (canvas size was a 2" cracker) and created the day-of or the day before I shared it so there was no time for my inner-perfectionist to fuss b) it was promptly gobbled up after its creation so there was no waste c) I learned something new! Though what I thought was a low-commitment project turned out to be a very intensive affair because of point c); hA! But I am so glad I followed it through and finished the series because it was so much fun!

Before we get into the countdown for 2016, I'll be rounding up the 2015 series over the next few days here to help refresh your memory or in case you missed some. Curious about what's in store this year? I can tell you will not involve cheese & crackers this time but I promise to keep it as light and fun as possible :)



A photo posted by Ling Wang (@lingismyname) on


A photo posted by Ling Wang (@lingismyname) on

A photo posted by Ling Wang (@lingismyname) on

A photo posted by Ling Wang (@lingismyname) on